SpeakAsiaOnline is most popular inIndia, Bangladesh and Nepal, all of which are developing countries with a number of poor educated/semi-educated youth, who are always looking for easy ways to make money without much efforts and a number of opportunities targeting this segment of market are frequently floated in various forms by many companies and people in the region.
Membership of this company Speak Asia Online from India has skyrocketed in last three months as its based on a MLM (Network Marketing) concept and people who are already a member are luring others to join due to a number of reasons.
You can see its latest Worldwide Traffic Ranking, it is ranking high in these three countries Bangladesh, India and Nepal which are still developing countries with a major part of population living below poverty line.
Please note that paid online surveys cannot uplift the economy of any country, these are only conducted by market research companies who pay participators who contribute there views about various products and services and help market research companies to know more about there customers mindset.
Is It A Scam or An Opportunity
Well it is not a real legitimate opportunity, its just an opportunity for scammers and those who only want to make money without considering its source and purpose,it is a good opportunity for people who can recruit others as member, just like common MLM opportunities, spread across market.
Following facts that must be considered:
1. SpeakAsiaOnline.com is a web based business and its domain name was registered in year 2010 only. Anyone can register a domain name, even right now and then get a website designed by someone and if it works as per the plans, then one can extend registration for more years.
2. SpeakAsiaOnline is registered as a Pvt. Ltd. Company in Singapore and therefore isbeyond the jurisdiction of Indian Laws. In India we don’t know about the basic requirements of getting a company registered in Singapore, conditions on which it can work, its responsibilities etc. etc. Even here in India we can get our own private limited company registered if we are ready to invest few thousand rupees.
3. SpeakAsiaOnline is a membership based site i.e., one must invest in its membership before, he/she can participate in its weekly surveys and make money, the membership fee is $100 i.e, INR11,000 per annum, which has to be paid each year.
Please note no survey company in the world asks for money from participants to take surveys. Surveys are conducted for market research and are therefore useful and even important for companies to understand market before launching a product or service or just to plan there business strategies, anyone can join some companies without paying anything like Global Test Market (which pays in Indian Rupees via Cheque and do not deduct any redemption charges) which conduct online surveys globally.
Companies or some people who maintain a database of such companies do ask for money to give access to there list of Paid Online Survey companies.
None of these companies charge a recurring annual fee.
4. SpeakAsiaOnline is paying 10 points (1 point equals 1 USD) which is too much for a country like India, Nepal or Bangladesh. I don’t think that even companies that conduct surveys in USA/UK pay this much for a similar survey regularly.
5. Every good survey company conducts a preliminary survey of every participant before allowing him/her to take real survey and those who satisfy this are only allowed to take survey (cause there are limited number of participants allowed for a specific profile).
If you have already joined or are willing to join then please do read this post when its completed and share your views via commenting here. I’m quiet sure that there is something wrong with SpeakAsiaOnline Opportunity in India.
You can read more at Yahoo Answers India Answers to a question on “What is Speak Asia Online?”. You can see that almost all people who replied (except one) are members of this MLM company (Speak Asia) and trying to recruit other members under there own downline.
Well, it seems a number of Indians have already invested there money in Speak Asia Online Opportunity and as the income from weekly surveys is limited, they are trying to recruit as many people as they can using various means (today I see more marketing propaganda online and offline) and personal resources.
I don’t think either the company or its members should worry about this, our parliament in India is itself a house of a number of tainted MPs, and this is also the case with legislative assemblies, a number of scams and corruption cases are being surfaced and more are taking place and yet to be discovered. In-spite of all these facts and our familiarity with these issues and people we recruit/elect same people after some time and they reach parliament and assemblies again???
Why, because we are Indians & Indians are known to be aware of there rights and duties. Read more in Facts About India Today.